About Monald Metals
Monald Metals Ltd was established in 1994.
The company’s leading branch is rolled metal trade and metal processing. Monald Metals Ltd is one of the biggest companies offering ferrous metal rolling in the Baltic market.
The company has been established due to:
- Strategic location of Latvia allowing the region to become a fort post of metal sales in the Baltic market
- Successful combination of transport-warehouse infrastructure
- The highly qualified and professional staff of the company
At present the company counts more than 73 employees with the experience in metal trading from 3 to 35 years.
The company aims at longterm mutually beneficial market relations and co-operation with several companies in the Baltic region, Germany, Belarus, Poland and some regions of Russia.
Monald Metals has a traditional warehouse complex based on the “metal store” system with more than 250 different metal products.
The company MONALD METALS has both open and confined depot areas as well as customs warehouses with total area of 70 000 m² and capacity of more than 50 000 tons of load. The infrastructure basis includes a driveway, three hoisting engines (with carrying capacity of 10, 20, 30 tons) equipped with electronic weights, office premises, and security system.
There are always about 20 000-25 000 tons of metal rolls with wide assortment in our warehouses:
- Periodical profile steel for reinforced concrete (reinforced steel)
- Round steel
- Angle steel
- Hardware (nails, wire fence, etc.)
The company Monald Metals co-operates with the following manufacturers in:
- Russia (Magnitogorsk, Nizchnetagilsk, East-Siberian metallurgical factories),
- Ukraine (metallurgical factories from Ienakiev, Makeyev, Krevoyrog, Dniepropetrovsk),
- Belarus (Zchlobinsky, Mogilevsky metal factories),
- Moldova (Moldova metallurgical factory).
Monald Metals Ltd co-operates with the local manufacturers as well, for example, the metallurgic company „Liepajas metalurgs”.
Monald Metals has its own dealer network in Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania.
The company Nemuno Metals is the subsidiary company of Monald Metals situated in Vilnius, Lithuania. It represents Monald Metals in Lithuanian market from 2001. The monthly turnover of Nemuno Metals is approximately 3000 – 4000 tons.
From 1998 the representative of Monald Metals in Estonian market is the company BALTI TERASE. It has a well developed infrastructure and it is competitive with the biggest Estonian metal dealers. The monthly turnover of BALTI TERASE is about 1000-1500 tons of production.